View Single Post
3/31/22, 9:35 PM   #20
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Nice to hear. US might have gotten that extra race because they canceled Russia. Only “woke” thing I agree with.
I was thinking about that also, Chief.

F1 is a power-money organization. They go where the cash is. They have to to stage their races. A few decades ago the Middle East countries opened up their coffers and had F1 come in. The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and then last year, Qatar and Saudi Arabia. These guys forked over HUGE amounts of cash to get onto the word stage. China and Russia got involved, too with the races in Shanghai and Sochi respectively, with the latter being at the former Olympics venue.

Now with Russia off of the map, they are looking elsewhere. The USA has stepped in with Miami this year and Las Vegas next year. We are talking HUGE amounts of dollars. It is interesting that these races have the financial support to stage them. Who is taking the plunge? I kind of wonder if they are going to turn a profit. The Middle East countries, China, and Russia wanted attention. Attendance at Bahrain and Saudi Arabia rivaled the crowd at TMS for the last IndyCar race. Nonetheless, they are getting attention on the world stage of sports. What is in it for the USA venues and bankrollers?

I am actually surprised that NASCAR did not throw their hat in the ring to bankroll and get behind something like this. Like them or not, think about it: Who better to advertise and stage an event for the media masses? They have a lot of cash, too. Maybe NASCAR cannot see it being profitable? Maybe they are ahead of this train wreck?

You have a good point, Chief. Like the head of an arrow.

Hey..... point..... arrow..... Chief.... coincidence? I think NOT!
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 3/31/22 at 9:38 PM.

1 member likes this post: Chief Wahoo