View Single Post
3/23/22, 5:44 PM   #8
Re: OFF TOP. Formula 1 going to Las Vegas. 3 Races in the U.
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Hoosier Race Fan,

You make a lot of great points. I've not seen the F1 Drive to Survive series, but I've heard it's great to watch. There is definitely a connection to this series and F1 viewing. JDull was right.....more people watched the F1 race last weekend than the Indy Car race. The Texas Indy Car race attendance was estimated at 5,000 by Racer Magazine. It was embarrassing.

You're right about the social media element. The Hunt to Front brothers / team has an amazing following. I got hooked on it because it gave race fans a behind the scenes look at their operation. Jonathon Joiner was a high school English teacher before full time with that team. Now that team races for a living because of all their engagement.

I follow HTF, David Gravel, Swindell Speed Labs and Mandee Pauch on You Tube. They all are quick to post You Tube recaps of their weekends, connecting to race fans. Many people hate Facebook, but there is an amazing amount of racing information and updates every day. I've traded comments with Mark Martin on the ASA memories page before. What's that tell you. You control what you want on Facebook.

Sure be nice if FLO had a non wing sprint car series like their 2022 Castrol® FloRacing Night in America late model series. Maybe some day.

5 members like this post: 95KART, hoosier race fan, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner