Thread: Thanks T-Mez
View Single Post
2/20/22, 2:14 PM   #23
Re: Thanks T-Mez
Racer541

I went to Bubba for USAC events 4 or 5 years ago and loved every minute of it, it was my first ever non-wing show. This year I watched on the web and it looked similar to me, a good bit of passing and shuffling. Maybe the difference is I'm from the south and I'm use to dry/slick 1 groove tracks, nature of the beast. I realize Bubba isn't Kokomo or Petaluma, but it has its place. I for one like Bubba better with non-wing sprints than Late Models, which are what I'm use to. The DLM's are too wide(IMHO) to put on much of a show at Bubba, but the non-wing sprints I enjoy there. No it doesn't have a big cushion to lean on and no its not heavy and hammer down, but it does require skill and patience to get around. T-Mez is one of my top 5 favorite drivers(Grant, Ballou, Bacon and Robert Bell) being the rest, but maybe he was frustrated with poor qualifying results. Anyway I guess Bubba is an acquired taste, I get the same arguments from DLM fans from up north, they want every track to be Fairbury. I enjoy seeing the 410's stretch their legs as much as anyone, but I can also appreciate watching a driver with delicate car control and smooth on the fuel too.