View Single Post
1/16/22, 10:59 AM   #5
Re: 2022 AFS Badger Midget Series Schedule
Ray3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
Great run tonight for Chase, winning the C from the pole. Spun early in the B, but passed everyone back except Bowman after the restart and finished 12th. Not too shabby for his second Chili Bowl. Shows the kind of talent that comes from Badger.

This was all done with a “national” motor. Last year in his Badger legal Honda, he finishes in the middle of an E. That’s pretty impressive for a stock block. I think Baran and Battefeld ran into the Hs and Boden advance into an I with Badger legal power. Lots of Esslingers finished behind them…
You don't need a purpose built engine to run well at the Chili Bowl. The Badger engines did just fine. Zach Blurton finished one spot out of the transfer in the B-main on Thursday night using a brand new Badger legal Honda. I believe it was his first time in a midget. There were more production based engines at the Chili Bowl this year than most people realize. At a 50-60% cost reduction from a Toyota or SR-11, I think you will only see more in the future.
Last edited by Ray3; 1/16/22 at 11:34 AM.