View Single Post
12/10/21, 4:18 PM   #24
Re: AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
ISF. If I read you correctly you’re saying local racing is more important than the national series at one of the best, and historically relevant tracks in the country? Maybe to some I suppose but I can’t grasp that logic.
What I'm saying in a nutshell is that in all likelihood a weekly late model/mod/street stock show at Fairbury will produce more spectator support than either the USAC Midgets or Sprint Cars. The fan base is solid and plentiful in their support of the fendered cars. It's in their DNA.

As a mere spectator Fairbury has been my home track going all the way back to well before they changed the track configuration and before I was old enough to even drive to the track. I've sat on the backstretch (which is the preferred place to watch) for most of the open wheel shows surrounded by the local weekly regulars, most of whom I've known for decades. The fact is, most aren't attracted to racecars that require push starts and produce a red flag every time there is a rollover. Doesn't really matter if they are a national touring series or a regional sanction. Most don't know much about, nor do they care, in reference to USAC National divisions. That is reality. Given the spectator climate in our area at this time it appears there just aren't enough like you and I to make it worthwhile for management to schedule a USAC show.
Last edited by ISF; 12/10/21 at 4:20 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner