View Single Post
12/10/21, 12:02 PM   #23
Re: AMSOIL USAC National Sprints - 2022 Schedule
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
ISF. I too was at 66 for what can only be described as a debacle when the Allstars and USAC midgets were in attendance. I believe that’s the night they also DQ’d Larson. Anyway I’ve been back since and ran into another problem which was getting into the track. I won’t go into the whole story but once in it was good. The management there which I believe is Sherry Heckanast has actually done a great job with her staff. Very friendly and helpful. I’m very well aware of the entrenched Late Model crowd at the central Illinois tracks. I’ve been to all of them except Jacksonville, which I was going to but got called to work. However I think if strategically promoted it could work but I’m thinking that would take a lot from both USAC and the promotion team. They’re great little tracks.
Sherry does a good job at Route 66 and it would be unfair to lay all the blame at her feet for the midget debacle. Beautiful facility that really should be utilized for racing more than it is.

The World of Outlaws shows at Fairbury seemed to be very well promoted. I attended the 1st of two WoO shows and aside from the track rubbering down for the last 12 or 15 laps of the A-main and being just a bit short on push vehicles it was a good show despite the fact that I'm not a huge winger advocate. It was posted on Fairbury's Facebook after the 2nd time WoO's were there and the schedule was released for the following season devoid of the WoO's. A track spokesman posted that they couldn't make any money. I must admit the crowd was lighter for the WoO's than what they normally draw for a regular weekly late model/mod/street stock show. I attend at least a couple of those every year. If they can't make any money hosting the top dirt open wheel division in the country then a USAC National show probably isn't going to cut it despite top flight promotion. Sad, but true.
Last edited by ISF; 12/10/21 at 4:25 PM.

4 members like this post: luckybuc97, nathans1012, racenut69, tirespinner