View Single Post
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #8 10/26/21 9:12 PM
Also to my point, take a look at the F1 race this past weekend. The crowd was massive! I heard somewhere the number of 400 thousand for the weekend. A lot of folks credit that to Netflix show Drive to Survive, the documentary of Formula 1 racing. It’s actually pretty good if you haven’t seen it. Exposure equals customer’s in most cases. Also, Ken Dobson who runs the Jacksonville Illinois Speedway, had a tweet or 2 that almost makes you think he feels privileged to have his track on Dirtvision. (Kenny if you read this and feel I might have read it wrong, please feel free to correct me) Charles I certainly understand your thoughts. There’s only so much that the entertainment budget allows, and Dirtvision is a bit salty. I justified it by the fact that it has one of the best wing series and one of the best Late Model series, both plus all of the Knoxville Nationals if you buy the platinum package, and also Jacksonville as well as the Grove I believe. So I think it has some value. I know not everyone’s business model is the same but I don’t see how it can negatively affect the big picture if you run a race track.