View Single Post
10/25/21, 9:58 PM   #1
Streaming numbers
flagboy55

I’m always curious about streaming numbers and the revenue distribution and the amount of exposure it creates for the possibility to gain new fans. Last week on the fabulous Castrol Flo Race Night, Michael Rigsby asked for the number of people watching. If I’m not mistaken the number was 33 thousand. I thought that to be an appropriate count. One reason I think about it is here in the great state of Indiana, which is the epicenter of true sprint car racing, we have only one track enlisted on the big stream forums, and that’s Kokomo on Flo. I wish the other big sprint tracks would see the benefit and join Flo as well. Last Wednesday on Castrol Flo Night, they had a very good crowd. If streaming kept anyone away you couldn’t tell by looking at the stands. And in the meantime, 33 thousand other fans were basically looking at an advertisement of your track and product, not to mention well placed signage around the track. Here in Indiana, we’ve got the best racing in the country on a weekly basis. Let’s hope the other popular sprint tracks consider getting on board the major stream services. To me there’s very little to lose but a lot of eyes to gain