Thread: USAC Nationals
View Single Post
ISF (Offline)
  #26 9/14/21 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by richie:
I can attest to how USAC National programs are consistently run in an efficient manner. I've seen it night in, night out for the past seven years. Never is there any wasting of time.
I'm sure it was the exception rather than the rule but we attended a USAC National Midget show at Route 66 dirt track near Joliet, Illinois during the 2019 season that was so ill organized and strung out that we left at just before midnight not having seen the USAC Midget A-main. I e-mailed the promoter to express our disappointment and they were sincerely apologetic and was informed that the overwhelming percentage of blame was with the sanctions for how badly the show was run. There were a lot of local fans who were as unhappy as we were. The fact that USAC Sprint & Midget racing is quite rare in Illinois may be a result of show's such as the one I speak of. Not saying, just saying.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.