View Single Post
8/30/21, 11:46 PM   #32
Re: Smackdown Takeaways
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
And I will address the elephant in the room: With FloRacing, why SHOULD I go to something like this when I can sit at home and watch it not only live, but tape delayed when I have the time? 10 years ago I would have went. I was younger and I had no other option. Now.... it was a no brainer.
Are you kidding? I was all packed to go, knowing it was a 16-hour drive which we're too old to do all at once, so it was going to cost two extra hotel nights. Unfortunately an illness caused us to abandon the trip. (Not me, not Covid fortunately).

So, like you, I watched all 3 shows on Flo. I enjoyed them, but I wasn't happy. Because of the single camera, the most I saw was about 5 cars at any time. I figure I watched maybe 25% of the racing. Doesn't it aggravate you to have the announcers mention some great racing back in the back while you watch the front 1 or 2 or 3 parade around the track? It does me. I assume Flo has their business model worked out based on one camera, but I, for one, will pay more if they add cameras. I know there is more to it than that, but it sure would be better. Obviously, when those front 3 cars are sliding each other on every corner, that's what we should be watching, no matter how many cameras are working.

As an example, I'm a fan of the English Premier League soccer. There are 19(!) cameras on each match.

I love Flo. I'm glad it's there. I've watched every USAC race this year, and I'll watch all the rest, too. But, I hope some day it will get better.

And, to whoever it was above who complained about the ticket price. I believe that advance ticket is the bargain of the year. In 3 weeks, I'm going to my local track for their big race of the year, a one day evernt, for which I will pay $50 for a pit pass, which doesn't include a seat. You Indiana folk have got it good.

5 members like this post: Big Mike 7, chrismattlin, oldfan49, oppweld, tirespinner