View Single Post
8/30/21, 11:14 PM   #31
Re: Smackdown Takeaways
Stevensville Mike

I never planned on going this year for I had other items on the table this weekend and planned on watching it after the weekend. But watching on Flo for the Saturday afternoon makeup I immediately noticed the crowd was sparse. Gee. Go figure. The temperature was 90+°F at the coolest times. I was down in Florida for the DirtCar Nationals one year and they had an afternoon makeup after a rainout the night before. I will never go to an afternoon sprint race again. It was way too taxing. And now, like most sprint car fans, I am older and cannot even THINK about doing something like that.

And I will address the elephant in the room: With FloRacing, why SHOULD I go to something like this when I can sit at home and watch it not only live, but tape delayed when I have the time? 10 years ago I would have went. I was younger and I had no other option. Now.... it was a no brainer.

FloRacing will eventually kill the walkup crowd at the local dirt tracks. That is Capitalism. I am not complaining one way or another, for I am benefitting from Flo, but the track owners, vice the series organizers, might want to take a long look at having their races put over the internet for pennies and it is costing them greenbacks in return.

Good race it was. I watched it wearing pajamas and drinking cheap beer in my lounge chair with my cat, Squeak.

These are changing times for us older fans.

Next up for me will probably be the World 100 (at least one of them). Flo does not air them so I have to show up to see them.

1 member likes this post: motorhead748