View Single Post
8/29/21, 6:47 PM   #6
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumey's 55 View Post
I was thinking yesterday of the thread about the upcoming race in SD, asking people to support it. There was a good crowd but why would anyone think folks would travel 800 miles when an amazing event in their own backyard had lots of empty seats. Yes it was hot but since I now live in FL it wasn’t as hot as I am accustomed to. It wasn’t bad at all Friday and Saturday evening. How much is streaming cutting into the crowd, if at all? Racing was good, even Saturday afternoon when the track was a challenge. The driver introductions were a bit over the top and didn’t add much except delay proceedings. King of the Hill was not especially exciting but neither is watching 46 cars qualify individually (I have no problem with either). All in all a very satisfying weekend just disappointed in the turnout for a 15K to win event. Kudos to the O’Connors for putting on this event and the great track prep as always.
The key here you were not there. I was and there was an excellent crowd given the circumstances. Don't let a camera angle be your go to source. By the way I have lived in FL or somewhere further south for 36 years and the heat and humidity were brutal.

1 member likes this post: JarrettFarms73