View Single Post
7/30/21, 12:47 PM   #24
Re: Thorsen Language
DRFan87

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDbill View Post
"the use of profanity is a clear indication of a poor education. That limited a persons vocabulary. And resulted in a failure to be able to communicate". Sadly this is common today. And we sit back and simply accept it. This is actually the same mindset that allows shop lifters to avoid prosecution. It is simply tolerated in many places today. Tolerance is a slippery slope. Am I the only one that was tired of the endless drivers saying "thanks to my crew that worked their asses off to get me here"; starting about 15 years ago? Is it just too hard to say something like "Thanks to my amazing crew. This win is for them"? I never heard this low level language from any of the really greats like the Unsers, Foyt, Andretti, Mears etc. for the public to hear. Same thing with lower lever champs like KO and Ray Bull. Shop talk back in the garage away from the public is something else. Demonstration of personal dignity would be an improvement. I stopped taking kids to "pro races" a long time ago.
This is a joke right? Please tell me this is a joke.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, luckybuc97, nitrofunny, opnwhlmnd, tirespinner