View Single Post
1/17/21, 6:23 PM   #17
Re: Watch Chili Bowl Free here
Pitdad

First time to watch on FloRacing (at all). Have watched some MAV coverage of ASCS in the past. Thought (at the time) that FloRacing coverage was pretty good. Some of the youthful hijinks and terminology wore on this old-timer ("fluff", when did marbles become "fluff"?) Switched over to MAV and IMMEDIATELY wished FloRacing was covering the B's and A. MAV camera shots nearly gave me seizures. The announcing crew was far too sprint car-centric. I get that you're trying to appeal to what you think your demographic is, but found some of their lack of midget racing awareness to be insulting.

The track prep was too much of a story all week. They made "Gravel" a celebrity. They clearly missed having Tony there. I think they were overthinking it. I think (hope) they learned a lot and will realize next year to trust their instincts and not try to make the track so perfect.

Also annoyed at the idea that "anybody" can stumble in off the street and drive a midget. NASCAR guys, drag racers, pavement stock car guys, some of the accidents and race stoppages were completely predictable.

Hope this is taken as constructive criticism. Still VERY glad to have this level of coverage for midget racing.

6 members like this post: duel, ISF, jeffj, jim goerge, luckybuc97, Rpracing1