View Single Post
1/11/21, 4:14 PM   #19
Re: Let's keep IoW great!
Stevensville Mike

It saddens me when members of the forum start slinging hash at each other. This lowers the standards of everything and everyone involved once it starts. It was quite obvious on this thread below when one simply asked when are you going to go back to the track with the COVID crisis:

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=115718

Now, I am on another race fans forum. It is not related to dirt, sprints, midgets, or even this country. On that site they have forums for this type of racing, or that type of racing. National, international, sports cars, touring cars, open wheelers, straight liners, etc. Instances like arguing back and forth with each other over ********, COVID, state of affairs, etc., eventually brought that site to create another forum for general chatting and discussion. Subsequently this allowed all members, left, right, and middle, to have discussions, debates, and arguments. The moderators kept discussions out of the racing forums by creating the alternate forum for chat.

IOW has nine forums devoted to classifieds. This one here is devoted to fan interaction with respect to racing. If Mrs. G happens to come along this thread here, maybe it might be time to create another separate forum to allow for banter of the sort that, in my opinion, should not be associated with this forum here.

Kind of like when a ruckus starts in a bar. Eventually the owner or barkeep will ask those involved to "Take it outside."

Then you can come back in once you have 'discussed' your differences of opinions.
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 1/11/21 at 4:15 PM.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, Hoosiersprinter, luckybuc97, racenut69