View Single Post
1/10/21, 9:35 PM   #14
Re: Why are there no high-paying non wing races?
jim goerge

I think its because a track can put up a purse with $1000 to $1500 to win and if theres no USAC or MSCS race, they"ll get the top guys there. When I worked for MSCS on the ride home a couple of us would talk about the races, about the cars we had, some of the top USAC guys would be there, for $2000 to win. I have always thought , and VOICED my opinion about a series should not run for anything under at least $3000 to win. But I can understand their wanting to just race, as I was guilty of doing it myself , using a couple sick days, towing a 6 hour one way haul ( southern Indiana to Eldora) for a race with a $1000 to win with a hope of just making the starting field. I see a couple MSCS races paying 2 to win this year, which I don"t think will even cover their expenses (tires fuel, fuel for Hauler, pit passes, etc,etc)
We need more fans at our non wing races, but I hear people say I"d like to see that race ,but I"m not traveling 2 hours. Well, crap I do that every weekend for local shows, so am I the one who"s crazy or what? But we need more butts in the stands. Sorry bout writeing a book.