View Single Post
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #4 1/10/21 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019:
Few buddies of mine and I were talking about this. Winged Racing has all of these high-purse races (Knoxville , Kings Royal, Every week in PA) and non wing doesnt have many at all.. I seen on the Kokomo Schedule they have a $26,000 to wing Winged race. Was surprising to me so see that on the schedule but no non wing high purse races (aside from the Smackdown) Why is this? All the non wing races i attended seemed to have a good fan count so they should be able to increase purse right?
Originally Posted by revjimk:
"you will likely get same drivers and teams for $5,000 to $10,000 as you will get for $25,000. So no need for it"???
Then why are wingless drivers going over the "the other side"???
I was talking about the non-wing teams. The way I see it many of the big Wing sprints teams won't show for less then $3,000. USAC teams show up to weekly shows. That was my point.
Now I do think the payout for the Smackdown could be raised as the car count is huge for that show. Last years Saturday portion of the Smackdown car count was about 75 / 78 cars. Running two features helps attract cars. Personally I like the Smackdown format and I think the payout could be around $20 - $25k for that show or you could boost starting pay and tow money.
Just my opinion though.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
3 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, the1jet17