View Single Post
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #2 1/10/21 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by WingedFan2019:
Few buddies of mine and I were talking about this. Winged Racing has all of these high-purse races (Knoxville , Kings Royal, Every week in PA) and non wing doesnt have many at all.. I seen on the Kokomo Schedule they have a $26,000 to wing Winged race. Was surprising to me so see that on the schedule but no non wing high purse races (aside from the Smackdown) Why is this? All the non wing races i attended seemed to have a good fan count so they should be able to increase purse right?
Why?
Probably because you will likely get same drivers and teams for $5,000 to $10,000 as you will get for $25,000. So no need for it. Has a track thought about it; probably but why take that financial risk for a track when there's no need to do so. Also I think that the All Star Race in October is probably being promoted by some one other then the track promoters just like last October's WOO Sprint Show.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
3 Likes: jim goerge, PIT CART, spankytoo