View Single Post
12/22/20, 3:20 PM   #39
Re: For the COVID avoiders, when do return to the track?
Daisy's dad

Saw my last race this year on March 7. Fortunately, I still hit a total of 12 between Jan. 11 and that date, as I live in AZ.

I missed ISW this year for the first time in 8 years, and only the 6th time in 21 years. I watched both sprint and midget weeks on Floracing, and from all appearances when the cameras scanned the grandstands, people were packed in pretty good, with masks very few and far between. This was in spite of ticket sales being advertised as limited to on-line, with supposed reduced capacity at all venues.

I'm not being critical of anyone who does otherwise. I just can't risk getting sick 1800 miles from home with my large dog and I traveling alone in an RV. If I end up leaving the hospital in a body bag, things get complicated real fast.

I also had/have no interest in attending the season ending USAC National midget/CRA sprint show at AZ Speedway last month, or the upcoming events in Jan. That was tough, as this track is 15 minutes from my door. The on-line ticket sale seating map showed all seats available for the Western World, although there was vague wording elsewhere in the advertising of some unspecified restrictions. It wasn't clear enough for me to feel comfortable prepaying for tickets, and then find myself elbow to elbow in the stands.

Hope 2021 gets a handle on this with the vaccine. When that happens, I will blow the dust off the RV and see some great racing again.

4 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, PIT CART, TNRustler