View Single Post
9/21/20, 8:12 AM   #14
flagboy55

It’s funny, now that I watch a ton of racing on streams I can actually hear the announcers versus being at the track where perhaps a weak PA system and race noise drowns them out. My Dad and I often critique the announcers. I’m not going to mention any names other than the ones already brought up on here. IMO Rob Klepper is among the best in the business and we agree that when he’s not there he’s missed. One thing I’ve grown weary of is being yelled at by the guys in the booth. I know they’re trying to fire people up and convey excitement but it gets old. Rob does a great job of expressing the excitement without yelling. Some of the best in the business could be even better if they toned it down a notch or two. As far as the young ones in USAC and even someone mentioned Chatty Mattie, well we all got to start somewhere. I think they’re all doing alright for this early part of their careers. I’ll give em a little more time to learn the trade. Another practice that I find a bit annoying is even by veteran mic men is taking a pole as to who you like to win as they’re rolling on pace laps before the taking the green. The practice to me just seems tired. I’m not knocking any of them. It’s not easy I’m sure and it would take a fair amount of courage to do it in the first place. I w wish I would’ve done it just to add another thing on my list of jobs I’ve done at the track

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier