View Single Post
8/31/20, 10:09 PM   #16
Re: Smackdown Thoughts
yeleyfan76

Smackdown IX was a great weekend. Seeing old friends, and making new ones is always part of this event. So good talk with different people from all over the country. Missed out on seeing a few due to virus issues. Next year is number ten and should be special for sure. It also should start the tradition of paying a large number for the years to follow.
Without a doubt the O’Conners work their butts off to put on this event year after year. The profits were probably lower than normal years due to less people in the stands. With that said, they overcame 2 plus inches of rain Friday afternoon and provided us a racetrack when it’s fair to say many others would have cancelled. Truly a remarkable effort, the pits were sketchy but everyone made it through.
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t ready for next year already. It truly is the best wknd in sprint car racing! For those who were there it was a great time. For those who couldn’t make it, I’m sure you know what you missed and wanted to be there. Flagboy I’ll catch up with ya for that Scottish Ale someday. The ten hour ride on Sunday is usually a long one but when thinking about all that was good about the three days prior it wasn’t quite so bad. Again thx to Kokomo Speedway and can’t wait to do it all over again.