View Single Post
8/9/20, 11:48 PM   #1
Selinsgrove Silver Crown
Hubie

That was a car race! WOW!

Shane Cottle, you did a GREAT job!!! At one time he was standing on the track with his helmet off, waiting for the wrecker to take his wounded car to the work area. About 45 laps later he's standing in Victory Lane!

As the big dogs chased CJ Leary, who led the entire evening after setting fast time, they all burnt the tire off. Cottle had a new one and the bit in his teeth. Shane got my attention when he blew by Brady Bacon. I knew something special was about to happen. Yellows started popping like the worn right rears on the cars. Shane Cottle, he is the master of running the bottom anyway. I went outside and checked the stars, sure enough, they were all lined up!

Way to go Dude! With two laps to go he went around the outside of CJ Leary for the lead only to be foiled by the yellow. I looked up and the stars were still all aligned, this deal was not over. On the restart Shane stuck to the bottom and Leary inexplicably threw his racer into turn one like it had a new right rear. He held the lead down the back straight but that fried tire was going to be no help when it came to turn three, and it wasn't. Shane Cottle bumped him a bit as Leary struggled to hold his car down low, coming off four Cottle just flat smoked the slowing Leary and into the lead he went.

That was a great, great car race. Way to go Shane