Thread: Garrett Aitken
View Single Post
8/5/20, 3:50 PM   #15
Re: Garrett Aitken
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
May I ask Whats wrong with POWRI Midgets? Some of the best racing I have EVER seen was POWRI Midgets!!!! More often than not, their fields are filled with a lot of USAC cars, same thing with USAC races, guys race both series. So again I ask Whats wrong with racing POWRI midgets?
I think Mike was pointing out he has raced with POWRi in the past,and wasnt knocking him at all. From some of the replies on here,I dont think that many have really heard of him.Maybe they dont read the POWRi results ?

I'll agree with POWRi having great racing. I havent been in awhile, (No fault of anyone other than myself) but it wasnt all that long ago I did the majority of the POWRi schedule despite all the racing right here in the back yard in Indiana,and many times against the popular opinion of where I should be going that weekend. One time I was even told I "wasnt a real race fan" as I chose going to Little Belleville to watch POWRi when USAC and the Gold Crown were 30 miles away. At the end of the night I had watched the features at both Little Belleville AND the Gold Crown,so I Thought I made a pretty decent effort trying to be a "Real Race Fan".

I went against the popular opinions,as I went where I thought I'd see the best racing on any particular weekend,and POWRi delivered that,and of course in the process I have seen Garret Aitken race with them many times over the years.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 8/5/20 at 3:52 PM.