View Single Post
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #1 6/8/20 2:19 PM
First off, kudos to USAC for bringing the cars and stars of the Thunder and Lightning Division to the STL area last night. Great show last night in both classes.

That said, I feel a better job could've been done explaining USAC'S rather unique format. Having seen several USAC shows in Indiana, I more or less get the format, and how qualifying position follows drivers all night. But it was never really explained very well over the P.A. There had to be a lot of folks scratching their head seeing Dave Darland have to run a B Main, yet start fifth row in the feature, while Brandon Mattox finished 2nd in his heat, only to have to start in the next to last row in the A Main.

I know some will argue that this is USAC's traveling circus, and "When in Rome, do as the Romans Do." But how hard is it to take 60-90 seconds to explain basic format when contesting races in alien territory? Heck, with the cap on crowd size, a paper copy of the format could've been provided to nearly every fan that walked thru the gate.

Again, not meaning to split hairs, because it was one heck of a show last night.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, dirt330, racenut69, Stevensville Mike