View Single Post
5/16/20, 1:38 PM   #38
Re: Reopening Indiana
ThePurple73

What I have seen, social distancing doesn't work. Way too many stupid and ignorant people that don't respect others or don't care.

Actually this could be an opportunity for sprint and dirt champ racing if managed right.

When I go to smaller race tracks and some larger there are usually a number of belligerent drunk types that don't watch the races, climb all over you and guests, going for multiple beers every 20 minutes and in your face when you have no desire to communicate. You can always move away at larger tracks due to more seats. The only way to manage that type fan is no beer allowed.

The only way I see distancing at race tracks working is to utilize larger tracks like DuQuoin, Springfield, Knoxville, IRP, Terre Haute, Perris, Sedalia, bigger PA tracks. Large grand stands are needed with space. Where ushers could control spacing and you would have to rely on intelligent fan bases. Possibly 3-4-5 track operators could go together to promote races. Make online viewing sales affordable to keep interest up and possibly get new fans that are eager to find something new to watch. You would have to "load" the stands earlier with room for families and everyone would have to accept usher controlled spacing. Tickets would have to be pre-sold with only gate tickets if room allows. It could be up to us as fans for cooperation and support as much as anything to help this sport survive until this is over. No one knows how long that will be.
With out real plans, racing may stay at no fans for a while.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 5/16/20 at 1:57 PM.

1 member likes this post: ISF