Thread: Would you go?
View Single Post
5/11/20, 10:18 AM   #7
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut69 View Post
Yes I would go..Racing is a visceral experience that can never replicated by video game...I want to see,hear and smell all the action!
Where did you come up with a word like visceral Racenut? I know that word is way out of your vocabulary

I won’t go, but that’s more due to burnout than any other reason. I no longer look at the weather 21 times a day on race day or text Bob & Monica for a trackside weather report, but I used to when I had the racing bug bad.

I did go to a cruise in on Saturday night, and there were more cars and people than I have ever seen there. I did take note there were lots of older people missing. They are the ones that own older muscle cars and the like. Quite a few in my age group ( late 50’s) and quite a few in younger age groups. Lots of newer cars, Mustangs, Challengers, Camaros etc.

I didn’t mind going there, as I could keep distanced for the most part. I have hand sanitizer in my old truck and gloves, more for refueling than anything else. I’m also an essential employee working alone now mostly for social distancing, and I have all the above in my work truck too.