View Single Post
7/19/08, 2:54 PM   #116
Re: bloomington updates?
Millsvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlydirt View Post
Mills get the video highlights up for us that missed it!
The highlight clips from the first two nights are complete, so it's out of my hands now. Apparently, there are Internet connectivity issues holding up the process of updating the Video section of the Multimedia page on www.usacracing.com. Be patient, and you will soon see.

BTW, and this is not directed at anybody in particular, if you want to see the race, you should buy a ticket and be there. There's no substitute for it. Just my opinion...

And another thing, once again I agree with Jerry Shaw here, that was THE best race I have ever seen at Bloomington. Now, unlike Jerry, I have only been there roughly 20 times or so over the years since I first started going there in 1997. I love the beautiful scenic view when I come to the track, but have always thought it too narrow to put on truly GREAT racing. All that room to work with and we can't get another 10 feet of racetrack all the way around? -confused- And please remember, this is just my opinion...I am not knocking anyone here, it's just the way I see it. Besides, is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the track has been narrowed entering turn 1 by about 6 to 8 feet or so in the past couple of years? Just wondering...

Regardless, last night was epic, and by far the best race I have ever seen at Bloomington. Kudos to USAC and Bloomington Speedway for putting on a great show. Two "instant classic" races in less than a week...How'd we get so lucky?

DM