View Single Post
2/11/20, 10:40 AM   #68
Re: Ocala
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Shunk View Post
Either USAC gets more nights on track for 2 weeks or we at least have Bubba RP with quality over quantity. USAC stayed loyal to Bubba RP and vice versa, but the All Stars and USCS 360 wings did not return this year.
I hope we have the opportunity to sit on our cozy couch and ***** about the racing streaming live from Bubba RP in 2021. I applaud USAC and their teams for trying the midgets for a second season in FL, Bubba RP for the effort and comittment to put on a show for their fans and the tourists, FLO racing for giving us a racing fix in February, and to the all of the non wing fans who stay loyal to traditional non wing racing on dirt.
I know this straight from the horses mouth....All Stars charge way to much for sanction fees for them to make money and with 5 different tracks racing at the same time, it's a tough nut!!

USCS kinda in the same but not near as much.

USAC is doable because that is the ONLY place they race at in Feb.

Hear is the issue in Florida SPEEDWEEKS now...

1. Back in the day it was SPEEDWEEKS not like now speedmonth/month-1/2
2. Wing sprint cars Multiple tracks some on the same nights
3. Late Models 5 different tracks
4. Big Block/602 Modifieds multiple tracks at same time
5. UMP mods multiple tracks at same time
6. Most important...Ticket PRICES. Northern/Central Florida fans just can not afford to go to 10-15 races at $30-$40 per event especially with family...family of 4 ...$30x4=$120+10 races is $1200 add travel/motel (if needed)/eating/teeshirt it's 2K. then you have....
7. Flo racing/Speed Shift/Lucas Oil TV/Live streaming and all other TV

On me as a personal note I use to go to EVERY event because I could 1. afford it and 2. NO one was racing on top of each other down here. Volusia (Dirt) and New Smyrna (pavement) East Bay for the Sprint Cars...Tickets $10/$12-$20/$25 for pits.
2 weeks of racing...NOT ANYMORE.. Just too many options which is good and bad...but the bottom line it spreads a race fan out and make it hard for a chose.

I am a non wing fan first and a race FAN 2nd. so if there are only 2 non wing sprint cars or 2 midget cars at a track and 50 wing cars else where, you can bet your a$$ I will be at the non wing deal!!!

On a sad note I have lost 5 of my friends the was races or race fans in the last week, so I want to tell ALL Y'ALL I love ya and hope to see ya starting Wed. night at BRP...I will be hanging with my good friend Carson Short driving for the best car owners in USAC, Carla and Steve Phillips...See ya shortly... THE Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com