Thread: Kyle Larson
View Single Post
12/3/19, 6:08 PM   #24
Re: Kyle Larson
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_G...Racing_(NASCAR)

I won't take that as an insult (? lol - don't care either way, lol), but I was "off" a little...Sterling did get 3rd in points (the "pre-playoff" system) in 2001...it was 02 he was leading the standings & got hurt...

Otherwise, Kyle Petty's two 5th place finishes in the mid-90s where the best for the team.

I really hoped for more from Juan when he was there too, but word is Chip just doesn't pay for the latest & greatest, including behind the scenes staff.

I think the last month or so has proven Kyle never lost the talent to win big races...hopefully one day he has a car & team behind him to do so on Sunday's...

"NASCAR" overall tho...all sorts of former & current OW guys to follow thru the years...the Xfinity series (Bell, Reddick, Allgaier, Briscoe, etc) has been most interesting the last couple...I hope Justin is able to get it in 2020...&, I'm looking for word (from anywhere!) if Briscoe has a deal again or not...
Not meant as an insult at all! I don't know much about Nascar, haven't followed it since Fireball Roberts was dominating in Pontiacs, then for a while Ford was challenging them.
All I know is that Larson has won one time this year. My point was that i doubt if he's earned HOF status on pavement. He's already qualified for HOF on dirt, IMHO

1 member likes this post: jdull99