View Single Post
11/13/19, 11:31 AM   #61
Re: IMS Sold to Penske
ISF

This guys' dialog consistently smacks heavily of a disgruntled former employee of an entity that was left behind due to the decisions made back in 1995-96.

Personally, I'm quite happy and content with the fact that a gentleman who is a friend, along with some other drivers, got the opportunity to fulfill a dream, a dream shared by literally a few thousand supporters, to qualify for the Indy 500. The timing was nearly perfect and it worked out very well. I really don't care how much of the Hulman fortune was spent. I really don't care if the split and the ultimate disregard of those precious white papers caused what is perceived as irreparable damage to rear engine open wheel racing. None of that has any significant impact on myself or my familys' quality of life. However, seeing a well deserving friend give a very good account of himself and fulfill a huge dream actually does add just a smidgen to the quality of my life.

If all that makes me a short sighted xenophobe in the judgemental eyes of some who would believe themselves to be just a bit more "enlightened", then I reckon I plead guilty as charged.