View Single Post
10/7/19, 7:38 PM   #7
Re: My health and other topics
Bostonian

Glad to hear your healing up. Sounds like you took quite the pounding. I think your right to say what you did about making the sport safer. Look at what some NHRA teams did for the drivers of Top Fuel cars with the covered driver compartment. At first, I was like, *** is that. Now I'm like, why don't more teams/drivers have it? I grew up having to watch USAC racing on ABC Wild World of Sports. Don't ask when that was! For someone who has lived less than 2 miles away from the ocean, watching AJ, Mario, and the Unsers etc, racing on dirt was a utopia feeling for me, throw in the Indy 500 and I was happy. My white-collar executive Father thought I must have been hit in the head too many times at hockey practice (goalie) He just never understood it. We don't have dirt racing around here unless you drive 3 hours each way. You all should feel lucky and realize how good you have it. I wish I had the choices you all have. By the way. I found this message board when I was trying to find out how to get a job in racing. Wow time flies. Enjoy the racing