View Single Post
7/30/19, 9:37 AM   #38
Re: Bloomington
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Thread is getting old I know, But I don't think any track should have
BEFORE RACEDAY Seat Saving.

Only complaint at LPS, Got there at 11am and had to go 7 rows from the bottom. Somewhat disabled and that trek isn't easy. Left it there all day and the people who had set seats next to me accused me of moving their seat. Almost had a scrap but he learned that his wife had put their seats right where they were. Ended up being friends. Last year I seen more than one disabled person being helped up the steps from way down. Yes they have turn one and turn two grandstands at plaza level but they're way out in the turns (Not my preferred vantage point)

Hey, I had a great time, But I honestly liked the Bloomington solution. DAY OF RACE, Not one, two or three days before.

Just my view.

As for higher pay, Id say each track brings in at least a thousand more fans than a average USAC race My math says thats a extra 25k (Almost the full purse of a usac show)
Some tracks depend on this to survive, SOme tracks it's a big bonus. But tacking a extra grand up top and raising the tail or tow money (Didn't make the feature) would be nice. Remember, almost half the field goes home losing a ton in tires, travel and pit passes. Some with tore up race cars.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/30/19 at 10:25 AM.

2 members like this post: ryan84, TNRustler