View Single Post
7/9/19, 11:12 AM   #4
Re: Last Floracing Post, I give up.
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonwingkingofkali View Post
Chuck, my ROKU streams perfectly, that is not my problem. Knowing when to tune in for a race is. When I bought this ROKU there was a month of upcoming races listed, now they list the race the morning of the event. And it lists the start time as 1:30pm. So It was suggested I go to the website, it lists a bunch of upcoming races, not one has the right start time. Did you see the list I copied from the website for the next week of racing? Not one of them can possibly be correct. How freaking hard could it possibly be to get this right. I can find a 10 year old that can copy a list of races and start times to a web page. Floracing has become a joke. And yes I can crawl under my desk in my office, disconnect 8 wires from my computer, and 4 wires from my router, and drag my computer, my keyboard, my mouse and my router into my living room and hook it all back up with an HDMI to my TV. To avoid all of that I bought a ROKU. That's not the point, they sold everyone on Apple TV and ROKU to use their service, thank God I didn't buy a ROKU TV to do this with instead of a ROKU box which was $100.00. And they cant even get a list of upcoming races with start times on any of the devices right so I know when to watch, including their own web page.
What say you Kirk Spridgeon?
The event times have always been hit and miss. To the point lately that I've even wondered what time zone their using, when looking on the website. Like you, the streams have always been high quality for me. Even when I was in Europe, watching in the middle of the night. The only way I've adapted to the time question is since the wheel packing starts around 6 in most USAC events, I tune in at that time, adjusted to whatever the time zone that event is in. Sometimes that works, sometimes I get the minutes or hours and minutes countdown on the screen. And the Roku app used to have all the upcoming events listed out. But, not anymore. Currently, Red Dirt Raceway is the only one I have listed. And I'd be willing to bet they're not going to go live at 4:30 PM, like it says. I've seen a lot of great racing, especially some West Coast stuff that I wouldn't otherwise get to see. But the scheduling/event times thing is something they really need to work on.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post: tirespinner