View Single Post
7/7/19, 2:46 PM   #67
Kirk Spridgeon

Can’t help but be a little disappointed that, after a weekend where everyone in attendance was happy with great car count and crowd numbers and quality of racing, I come to a place where the most loyal supporters are supposed to be only to see negativity.

I was asked by someone if our fan base is as crabby as the e-mails they got BEFORE the race even took place would indicate.

The facts are that the track’s expectations were exceeded on car count, fan count, cooperation, quality of racing, everything. The racing on Friday was fantastic, in both divisions (many people calling it the best night of racing they’d seen at Knoxville - admittedly that’s opinion). On Saturday, it was much the same except for a certain 69 car walking away. The crowd was fantastic - bigger than what we’ve seen previously at Knoxville and again meeting/exceeding expectations. I can’t say enough about the competitor base and how they handled themselves all week. It was an overwhelmingly positive weekend on the ground, with the only questions being what can we tweak for next year.

I don’t know what else to say other than that it’s disappointing to see. I felt like everyone there this weekend was pulling in the same direction. If you consider yourself enough of a fan to be on an insider forum such as this, it’s mind-boggling to me that you’d be so steadfast on finding shortcomings with a major event that checked all the boxes of being an emphatic success in year one.

Thank you to Mr. Thomas & Mr. Sears for providing insight from someone in attendance and with full perspective.