View Single Post
6/10/19, 5:42 PM   #4
Re: Dave Darland Retiring?
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ04 View Post
It's kinda sad having to see him ride jumping and as already mentioned issues with his personal team. But I've seen Dave do this before over the years and still have success. He's a wheelman thats for sure. Whatever happens I wish him the best of luck and he'll forever be the peoples champ.
I understand what you're saying, but I don't totally agree with that. I was just thinking the other day, after the MSCS race at LPS, that there's something cool about getting to see the great Dave Darland at a local track, driving the piss out of a family-owned car in the twilight of his career. By the time these races are over, ending up ahead of some drivers that are in more expensive equipment than him. Kind of like when he started. Even after all these years, you could still put the guy in about any car and he will make it competitive.

And it's not like there's anything else left for him to achieve. He's already in the Hall of Fame. He's won national championships in all 3 USAC divisions. And he's won every major race. Most multiple times.

Jerry

Winston Churchill