View Single Post
5/28/19, 2:39 PM   #24
on_the_edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanBlanton View Post
While Chief Wahoo makes a fair point regarding cheating (and I checked MSCS rules on the site to be sure they didn’t explicitly disallow tire tampering), why have a tire rule if you can alter said spec tire? It seems like a solid assumption that the intent of the rule is to have an unaltered spec tire. After all, spec tires are supposed to ‘level the playing field.’ If the purpose of the tire rule is $$ from Hoosier, make it a 4-corner Hoosier rule and let guys mount 10s or 12s or whatever they want. With the caveat that I did not hear Leary’s interview, I can 100% see how a spec tire rule which allows ‘anything goes’ regarding prepping that tire would make a team racing on unaltered tires upset.
It's very ironic that someone such as CJ Leary would bring up the issue of tire prepping, maybe we should pull up the test from the USAC race at Ocala this year, the night he won, and really dissect what that test said. As someone else said hard for the pot to call the kettle black and act like you are an innocent party.

2 members like this post: bmemmer, Rpracing1