View Single Post
5/24/19, 12:35 AM   #9
Re: Thoughts from a sprint car fan
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by foytfan View Post
Not trying to stir the pot but I’ve been a long time lurker on this board (9years or so) and a life long (40+years) sprint car fan.
My thoughts.....
I took my 14 year old son to Terre Haute last night for his first sprint car race in probably 8 years or so. He didn’t like them when he was younger so he wanted to try again. We got there as hot laps for sprinters was finishing up watched the mods hot lap 3 heats of sprint cars and 2 of mods. 2 features and on the road by 10:30. Talking to him he really enjoyed it wants to go more often. But here is my problem a thread on this board said it was a horrible waste of there money and didn’t get the entertainment that they paid for. If my boy was to read this what would he think?
From reading the thread and several just like it over the years I can’t for the life of me figure out if I have ever been to a good race and I have probably been to 250+ races. The conclusion I have came up with after reading all the post on here is.......
1. 31 cars are not enough 33 is to many.
2. It must be 4 heats a Bmain and a feature.
3. Any support class (where our hero’s might get their start at racing) is uncalled for and unnecessary.
4. If you can’t go sit exactly where you want (seats taped off) then why go?
5. If it starts at exactly 7 and be done by 10:30 that’s not worth my entertainment dollar.
6. If it starts a 7 and it runs past 11:30 that’s to long (I didn’t get home till after midnight and I gotta work)(see #3)
7. USAC is the antichrist and they are gonna kill our sport.
These are just a few of the thing I have observed from lurking around this board the last several years.
So can anyone tell me,and now my son have we seen a good sprint car show?
This I believe is what is hurting our sport more than anything too many unhappy people. Why would my son want to someday spend his money on something that makes so many people unhappy?
I for one enjoy every race I have been to. Long ones,short ones, the 24 hrs of putnamville( I was there watched every race)hot, cold, rain outs, but enjoyed all of them.

I’ll stop for now I could go on and on about this but that’s for another time.
Please feel free to add your thoughts. Good, bad or what ever. I’m not here to argue just trying to get some feed back.

Fotyfan.
Excellent post! Well composed! I think you about got all the bullet points!
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, foytfan, Ken Bonnema, PJ Wright, RockinRy