View Single Post
5/23/19, 8:29 PM   #65
Re: USAC National Sprints @ Terre Haute?!
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morin Racing 98 View Post
This is probably hurting USAC car count more than most people know, even though the Granite City incident is getting more attention right now....I am sure this rule was implemented with good intentions back in the day as they were trying to protect the drivers who supported them every race. But in today's world with low car counts, this needs to be removed. I know that in our case when we run with USAC, it is very irritating to know that we have to pay more for higher pit passes just to get into the gate...then get paid less at the pay window....No,,,,then wait 6-8 days for a check...that is very tough on small teams.

I think USAC should offer some incentives for small teams or non-members to come and run with them. The old saying "to be the best, you have to run against the best" don't help pay the bills. Maybe something like a free pit pass for the driver for the first 3 shows or something else to entice us "local" guys to run with them. I have heard that Spridge and Levi have helped some teams out in the past, but it is very low key and hasn't been made public. If it has been made public, then I apologize for not staying up to date. Been kind of out of the game for a little while with motor issues.
I don't know what ya'll think or even if USAC's insurance is as good as it once was. But whatever the membership is or fee to have it is well worth it if you get messed up bad.
co
I remember Staab saying it paid everything but the helicopter cost and even paid half his normal salary when he got messed up bad at Kansas. That was a bankruptcy type accident and he came away owing a couple grand for a chopper ride was able to heal and get paid while he was healing.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 5/23/19 at 8:30 PM.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, PJ Wright