View Single Post
5/23/19, 2:27 PM   #62
openwheelfan1

First, compliments and thanks to the TEI and THAT crews that worked their butts off to turn a track that was a mud hole at noon in to a darn fine racing surface by 6:30 PM. The easy thing for them would have been to cancel, but they didn’t.

Yes, I would have liked to have seen 28-30 cars for the nights events, but I’ve been around the sport long enough to know that the numbers go up and down over the course of the season. The heats were entertaining. Yes, Stockton led wire to wire, but never was it a real runaway, and if you watched from about 5th-12th they put on an absolute donnybrook of a battle. And CJ Leary restarted 14th or 15th with seven to go and finished 9th. While it would be nice if every feature ended with a photo finish for first rarely does that happen, and you darn sure don’t need 30 cars for it to happen, just two.

Finally, let’s not lose track of one other important fact here....not all that long ago THAT was all but dead and buried. Were it not for a groundswell of support and some intervention by TEI and others, the Vigo County Fairgrounds would have have NO racing and the Action Track would just be a memory! So, complain and moan about short fields and everything else, but I am thankful that I got to see 20 cars and another race at the legendary Terre Haute Action Track!