View Single Post
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #26 4/28/19 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Love this thread. It brings me back to the time my knee-jerk reaction to a post from Mike about IndyCar caused me to apologize for not considering another point of view. Glad it happened though because I certainly do enjoy talking to him at the races when we get a chance. I certainly get the sentiment from full timers, but I don’t agree with it. No team or person is bigger than this event. Reminds me also of the second best racing quote I’ve ever heard, brought to mind by listening to Bob Jenkins on the Rip the Fence podcast. Al Unser Jr. in victory lane, looking to the heavens saying “you just don’t know what Indy means”. Bumping helped found “what Indy means”. Removing it, in my opinion, would take away some of that meaning.
And as I was discussing this thread with flagboy55 off line via PMs, the irony of an ex-CART owner proposing this idea never hit me until someone here pointed it out. Then I started thinking about the formation of CART.

One thing is for sure - the show will go on. HOW it will go on, we'll see. Kokomo sure isn't going on tonight, though.