View Single Post
4/14/19, 12:05 AM   #38
Re: Bloomington Seat Reserving
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronMack View Post
Really?, a track that very well could have been shut down and turned into a housing addition is saved and you're complaining because a few seats are reserved for people that have been coming to the track for thirty plus years? Im just glad the track is still running.
If you don't have it on your website, your press releases, or your social media; yes I have a problem with having random un-announced reserved seating. I stated I had a bad experience, and when a track does this I get upset all over again. I just want to know the rules. They announced seat marking from 10a to 4p Friday; cool. They didn't say reserve seating opportunities being sold, and to look for them. If they had, cool as long as clearly marked. Surprise on raceday that prime location is gone forever, not ok. I just want to know the rules when I walk into the place so I know what to expect and where I can be.

With the limited # of races, lots of people may have wanted to buy reserve. 30 years or just moved to the area, if they are going to reserve seats they need to be offered up for everyone to take advantage.

I don't want to pee on someones years of dedication, I just expect to know what to expect and have an opportunity to take advantage of something worth taking advantage of.

As far as the new stands; the old ones weren't that bad but an upgrade was a good idea. So far it seems good intentions caused a lot of bad consequences. Hopefully the plan is to keep adding. The catch fence I think should have been the more urgent item; but the new layout did back everyone away from the track, so there's that.

Hope they get their footing. There are always growing pains; but shouldn't mean we should sit on our hands when there's issues. Now the powers that be know things to work on, if they didn't already.

If I were to still be come Midget Week then maybe that's bashing. But on opening day it's sharing what I think to be a reasonable expectation.

1 member likes this post: Adolph