Thread: Chili bowl
View Single Post
1/21/19, 2:15 AM   #52
Re: Chili bowl

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

I didn't hear one person there say they were never coming back because the races ended at 12:30
come on really guys
now the A was scheduled to run at 10:30. And they ended up running about 1 1/2 hours behind.
why?
ok as mentioned things were going smooth till about the E's
so then you get races with lots restarts yellow fence repairs guys being pushed out from the work area. these things happen, even the A had several initial restarts if I remember

I haven't seen this brought up yet but there were 3 reds thrown for medical attn. in the stands. this alone added I bet at least 30 minutes to the night

the track work is necessary IMO. many years back when behind schedule track prep was cut and the racing sucked.
I doubt there was more track work than past years but since the pole shuffle and the opening ceromonies were pushed to after 7 it made the rest of the night late

The ventalation could very well been a factor too. It was one of the coldest saturdays I remember. And also coldest inside I remember for some time. I suspect in trying to keep some warmth in the building the venting took longer? And if that was going to take longer then you might as well work the whole track?

The A has never started before 10:30 its planned that way. curfew is at eleven. Over the years they have made changes that gets the race started before curfew. one of those changes is only running the C's B's and A mains after 7. Allowing time for the unexpected This year it just didn't work out.

there was nothing new about this year all the same breaks and events. Just some of those got pushed to the TV portion. I suppose making the TV viewers unhappy. Most of us there are very used to the breaks and plan around them.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dirteater, erich45, jdull99, mc/rider