View Single Post
11/22/18, 10:46 PM   #9
Re: Looking to get into open wheel
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjohns421 View Post
Can adults race mini sprints? I only ever see kids racing those. Minis are 600cc, and midgets are 1000cc right?
JMHO, but I'd say spend some $ on pit passes to all the indoor races u can this winter & get an up-close look at everything...if you really wana jump into smthn, spend a little bit more (like a couple 1000, lol) and rent a car in any classes you can. That would be a good way to get a feel for things, & an inside look at how a those team goes about things.

I blv most 600s are called micros. 1000s/1200s are primarily mini-sprints (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the way I understand it in certain parts of the country). You can run a 1000-1200 with some forms of midgets, but for the most part, some still call them a mini, even tho they can race with the midgets...ya, its a little confusing...lol (you can run less weight tho, so really, it is a pretty good way to go...& then you can run it with the mini-sprints only when you want too...). Study all the rule books you have time to peruse...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 11/22/18 at 10:50 PM.