View Single Post
11/17/18, 2:34 AM   #37
Re: Rule changes encouraged; not mandatory for WAR Sprints 2

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
One of the most up to date facility in Indiana has one glaring safety flaw (Imo). The fence sets even with the back edge of the wall because the fence supports were installed backward. I once had a discussion with the promoter and was told that was the way they were designed, but me thinks they are backward. The fence supports are designed in a chair shape, instead of having them turn out, they should be turned in, thus, the fence and the wall would be flesh. As it is constructed now, when a car gets in the fence and slides down it can/has ripped cages off/apart!

I noticed a different track that added fencing do the same thing. At first it looked like the brackets were going to be turned in but when I saw the finished product they were out. You would think it to be a good idea to have the fence flush with the inside of the concrete. But it could be the fences purpose is to keep things from flying out and brackets out makes the strongest fence. maybe something else can cover the concrete, dirt, foam?