View Single Post
11/15/18, 3:10 PM   #29
Re: Rule changes encouraged; not mandatory for WAR Sprints 2
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heromaker View Post
I will have to agree with Casey. Infield tractor tires are used to keep you out of the infield. If you want to play chicken with them and you crash, kinda sounds like you messed up and got what was coming to you. You don't get mad at the outside wall if you hit it....
I have never hit an infield tire while playing chicken with it. I have hit them when the car in front of me spun and left me no where to go, and when a car came flying across the track, tagged my RF and spun me into one. In both situations, if there was a berm and no infield tire, I would have spun and gone to the back. Instead, the car got torn up. I would rather have a guard rail to bounce off than a uke tire to bring me to a rapid stop. I have also seen the guy playing chicken with the infield tire hit the tire, bounce up a groove, and flip the guy trying to get by on the outside. Now there NEEDS to be an outside wall, there does not NEED to be a tire in the infield.

Sorry I contributed to derailing the topic. I am more interested in seeing water barrels in front of track entrances than removing the tires. They just seem unnecessary.
Last edited by Rhody; 11/15/18 at 4:16 PM.

2 members like this post: Can26, spicoli