View Single Post
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #55 10/6/18 6:42 PM
Originally Posted by Cage Faraday:
I think USAC would've let it slide without the presumed pressure from Stewy I think happened. Maybe I'm wrong, but with how everything has unfolded it looks to be a personal attack with USAC being the weapon used. I could be wrong, have been before, but it just has a stink about it. Somebody clue me in as to what kinds of things RB said about Kokomo and the Burg that they deserved being included in this public "black balling" of RB. I've never seen a situation in any motorsport that was so broad sweeping. Eldora/USAC I get, but to include other tracks as well seems extreme. I'm surprised they didn't call the Governor to their little pow-wow and say he couldn't race anywhere in the State of Indiana for the remainder of 2018.
This has been ongoing. And it is more than Kokomo and Lawrenceburg. I know of a promoter, not from Indiana who was not going to renew dates for next year, because of some things Robert has said on twitter. I have seen Robert do some very nice things and say some very nice things. I would bet he has learned something from all of this. This was brewing way before Eldora. I like Robert, but in my opinion he forced them to do something.
Ironically the race at Kokomo with Tony Stewart's All Star series is being promoted by Robert's employer. His step son is also running for All Star points which means they must not be too upset by all of this. Another bad part of this is some great racing, and performances have been overshadowed by social media drama.
2 Likes: fish, mc/rider