View Single Post
10/5/18, 1:03 PM   #26
captrat

It seems to me that what we are witnessing is the coming together of a few influential track owners with very thin skins and unfortunately the inability to see a larger picture. We often hear about how racing needs characters, rivalries, etc. I have been around for the Gary & Larry Show, Opperman & Weld, Kinser & Swindell, et al. Seems to me they put butts in the seats, not the opposite. USAC cow towing to these promoters at the expense of a single individual because he expressed an opinion is evidence of their own self-imposed lack of independence. There are plenty of historical examples of past so-called indiscretions by some of the very people involved in this decision with no punishment. The punishment does not fit the so-called crime. The real crime here is the irresponsible control being wielded by a few over what is purported to be an independent sanctioning body. It is this kind of debacle that leads to the general perception we are closer to being a circus rather than a professional sport.

5 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, oppweld, Rpracing1, SPRINTCAR