View Single Post
10/5/18, 3:13 AM   #13
Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
So would you rather he shows up at the track and then is told he can’t race?
Robert said last week he’s suspended from running at Kokomo for the remainder of 2018 so the idea he’d show up there to race is non-existent.

This is purely Stewart trying to flex his muscle under the blanket of his series to further insult Ballou.

That said, this all needs to end. Robert makes some good points when it comes to safety at times that I very much agree with. Other times, I’m not onboard with what he says at all. Perhaps social media isn’t the best forum to state your issues but the other side is just as guilty of committing the same crime.

People are saying Ballou is just whining. How exactly did Stewart make a name for himself? From the time he became really well know in the open wheel ranks until the time he retired from TRASHCAR he was always vocal whether he was calling out other drivers, the sanctioning body, tracks, tire manufacturers, TV broadcasters, etc. If you think I’m full of if, just check out YouTube.

Furthermore, you’ve got series officials firing back at him and fans on social media and even here on IOW. That’s what your press releases are for, if you’re going to get in a pissin’ match with fans over the internet you’re no better than Ballou calling tracks or series out. If a driver calling out a track is detrimental to the sport than I’d consider series officials or high profile folks like Smoke answering said drivers in an unprofessional manner as just as detrimental.

At the end of the day it’s a sorry situation.