View Single Post
9/26/18, 7:26 PM   #25
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
USAC is not his employer, any more than the NFL is the employer of the players. This decision is another example of USAC shooting themselves in the foot. Whereas I do not agree with all his statements the idea that is prevented from pursuing their vocation based upon critical statements is fraught with potential legal pitfalls. Unlike other professional sports auto racing is generally at the mercy of independent contractors. I will await more info, but for now this seems extremely short sighted by USAC. I hope we are not going down PC road of NASCAR.
Your right their not his employer. But he has chose to race with them and since he made that choice he raced under their rules at those events. Eldora was under USAC sanction on Saturday. This wasn't the first time he has been critical of a track. I suspect he'd been warned before. Now he bit off more them he can chew end of story.

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Heromaker, racingirl, tirespinner