Thread: Bc39!!
View Single Post
9/7/18, 7:30 AM   #28
throb

Last night was something the most all local short track fans have been asking for for as long as I can remember. This event had been discussed and mulled over too many times to count. Like everything the Indianapolis Motor Speedway does, the facility was second to none and the Track was the perfect size and shape! When this race was announced I was super excited! They busted their ass to get the show in last night after it POURED DOWN RAIN for a little over an hour! Walking in when they said they were going to start running I was very skeptical, but they made quick work of packing the track in and getting the show on the road!

Thank you to the O’Connors for building a great track!
Thank you to Doug Boles who facilitated bringing this event to life! Thank you to USAC for running what ended up being a very efficient program! And thanks to all the fans who turned out to show everyone that this is something that would thrive as a viable special event racetrack going forward. After seeing the facility, I’m convinced it’s not going anywhere, and now it’s up to all of us to keep the pressure on them to make sure that last night wasn’t the only time we see dirt racing at IMS!